Aquatic Specialty Services provides service, repair, monthly maintenance, training and troubleshooting for a variety of systems:
- Circulations Pumps
- Chemical Feeders
- Ozone Systems
- Water Chemistry Controllers
- UV Systems
We specialize in servicing commercial grade equipment from manufacturers you know: Becs/Nemato, Stark, LMI, Stenner, Pulsar, Lochinvar, Sta-Rite, US Filter/Stranco, Stinger, Del Ozone, UV Systems, Palintest, Raypak, and more. No job is too big or too small. Let us show you the difference our service technicians can make for you!
Certified Service Provider for:
- Del Ozone
- Stinger Vacuum
- Pulsar Feeders
- ETS UV
Monthly Service - find out how you can benefit from our Monthly Service and Maintenance Program!
Installation - We Install everything we sell. Click to find out more about our installation services.
The Aquatic Facility Operator Course is an 18-hour training program specifically designed to meet the needs of those working in the public and semi-public recreational pool or water park facilities. The AFO program offer unique discussions on risk management, not usually directed towards operations personnel.
The course provides information and training for both supervisory and operational personnel. In depth instruction will be given on filtration, disinfection, water testing and treatment, design considerations, facility management, facility troubleshooting and much more.
Who should attend?
The AFO certification course is the most comprehensive program available for those responsible for operating clean, safe, and efficient aquatic facilities.
- Aquatic Directors
- Recreation Directors
- Water Parks Directors
- Aquatic Supervisors
- Pool Managers
- Aquatic Facility Managers
- Aquatic Programming Personnel
- Aquatic Design Professionals
- Anyone responsible for operating an aquatic facility and/or extensive aquatic programming.
This course features the NRPA's Aquatic Facility Operator Manual, the most complete and comprehensive publication available on pool operations. Author Kent G. Williams combines wit and over 30 years of experience to clearly lead even the beginning pool manager through the often complex processes in aquatic operations.
- Pool Recirculation
- Calculation of gallonage and turnover rates
- Filtration systems including mechanics of soil entrapment, backwashing, etc.
- Pumps, flowmeters, heaters and other system components
- Water Chemistry
- Chlorination and superchlorination
- Alternatives to chlorine for sanitation and oxidization
- pH factor, its importance and control
- Prevention of eyeburn
- Techniques of water balance to prevent scale
- Water testing
- Development of individual dosage charts
- Algae prevention and control
- Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Getting the most out of our filter
- Chemical feed systems and tips to keep them running
- Developing a preventive maintenance system
- Automation concepts
- Chemical Safety
- Handling hazardous chemicals
- Emergency procedures
- Energy Considerations
- Pool covers; saving natural gas
- Reducing electrical energy consumption
- Other Topics
- Spa and therapy pool operation
- Concepts of disinfection
- Special considerations for fiberglass pools
- Health and safety codes